Delta Inverters: Home Series and Commercial M-Series
Founded in 1971, Delta is one of the largest power electronics companies in the world.
Their products include hospital-grade UPS systems, electric vehicle chargers, electronic healthcare devices, projectors and even smartphone and laptop chargers. Delta also provides power management solutions, and their selection of solar inverters includes the Home Series and the Commercial M-Series. Their Australian offices are located in Victoria, where they offer technical assistance for the local market.
Overview of the Delta Home Series
Inverters from the Delta Home Series are designed to operate more hours per day, with a startup voltage of only 35V and a shutdown voltage of 30V. Delta inverters “wake up” earlier than many competing inverters, and they also shut down later. This means your solar panels have more time to generate electricity, and your power bill savings are increased.
The Delta Home Series offers the following features:
- Available Capacities: 2.5kW, 3kW, 4kW, and 5kW (Single-Phase)
- Product Names: H2.5, H3, H3A, H4A, H5A
- Efficiency: Up to 98.3% in the H5A, up to 97.5% in other models
- Maximum Power Point Trackers: 1 circuit in the H2.5 and H3, 2 circuits in other models
- Communication: Can connect to smartphones and computers via WiFi, or using a direct point-to-point connection. The Home Series also uses RS485 ports.
- Warranty: 5-year standard warranty and extended 10-year replacement warranty
- Operating Temperature: -25°C to +60°C
- Live monitoring with MyDeltaSolar (app)
- Factory configured for Australia according to the AS4777 standard
The H5A model has a built-in smart meter, which provides detailed energy consumption data. This inverter model is also capable of dynamic export control – it helps your home use more solar power, and use less electricity from the grid.
All Delta inverters from the Home Series are compatible with MyDeltaSolar, which is compatible with both iOS and Android. The app has many useful features:
- Live monitoring and automatic notifications when issues are detected
- Comparing energy production by day, month or year
- Keeping track of your solar power savings
- Automatic firmware updates
- Monitoring multiple inverters at once
Delta also manufactures the E5 Hybrid Energy Storage System, which combines a single-phase 5kW hybrid inverter and a 6kWh lithium-ion battery. The system also includes a touchscreen interface, where you can check operating conditions: power generation, battery charging, home consumption, and electricity exported to the grid.
The BX6.0 battery has built-in protection against overvoltage, short circuit, overheating and overcurrent. The 5kW inverter and 6kWh battery are independent – if you plan to add energy storage later, you can install solar panels with only the inverter.
The new H8E & H10E inverters
The H8E and H10E are also single-phase hybrid inverters, with capacities of 8kW and 10kW. They were announced in late 2020, and they have 4 independent MPP trackers. This means the H8E and H10E inverters can optimise production for groups of solar panels with four different orientations. This feature is very useful when a roof is divided into several sections.
The H8E and H10E Delta inverters are capable of smart monitoring and export control, and they have two operating modes when equipped with energy storage.
- Hybrid Solar Backup: Uses a Back-Up Box to power critical loads such as mobile device chargers, security cameras and lighting fixtures.
- Hybrid Solar & Energy Storage: Uses the Delta BX series batteries to power larger loads, such as washing machines and air conditioners.
Just like the Home Series inverters, the H8E and H10E are compatible with MyDeltaSolar, which means you can monitor performance from your smartphone.
Overview of the Delta Commercial M-Series
The Commercial M-Series from Delta has a transformerless design and a built-in LCD screen. All M-Series inverters up to the 30kW unit can be wall-mounted, and they offer the following features:
- Available Capacities: 4.99kW, 10kW, and 30kW (Three-Phase)
- Product Names: M6A, M10A, M30A
- Efficiency: Up to 98.5% in the M30A, up to 98.3% in other models
- Maximum Power Point Trackers: 2 circuits
- Communication: LCD screen, RS485 and dry contact
- Operating Temperature: -25°C to +60°C
The 30kW inverter has an active cooling design, where air is exhausted from the bottom and pulled in from the top with variable speed fans. This improves efficiency and service life, without having to rely on internal cooling. The 4.99kW and 10kW have lower cooling needs, and they use natural convection.
For more, visit our product page.
Interested in solar? By clicking below you can use our smart solar calculator to find out just how much you could save with solar, what rebate you are eligible for, and the impact you will have on the environment.
Don’t wait until next quarter’s bloated bill, and get started today!
Join over 20,000 homeowners who have made the switch with Nectr, or the 1000+ positive reviewers who have been more than happy with their solar install.